SERGEY RABCHENKO says he is ready to shake things up in the US after he returned to action with a blistering performance on Friday night.
The former European and WBC Silver super-welterweight champion dropped Nicaragua’s Miguel Aguilar four times before the fight was stopped at the end of the third round in Walsall, United Kingdom.
And with any cobwebs firmly shaken off, he is now keen to test his mettle against the very best on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
Rabchenko signed a deal with powerful adviser Al Haymon and promoter Leon Margules in 2015 and is expecting to make his US debut in the next few months.
“It was good to get back in the ring and show people what I am capable of,” Rabchenko said. “I only boxed once last year, but I feel sharper than ever and it showed.
“I am back and I am hungry. I am firing again and I know I can go onto be a world champion, especially with someone like Haymon behind me.
“Although I still think I beat Anthony Mundine, the result has made me a better fighter. My desire and determination has been made stronger than ever and I want to prove it against the best American boxers.
“I think I have the perfect style for American fans because I am aggressive and I throw a lot of punches. They like that, and I hope they will like me.”
Ricky Hatton, who will continue to train Rabchenko, stated: “For this camp Sergey was back to his best. He listened to everything me and the team told him and he put it all together in the ring.
“Most people agree that he deserved the nod against Mundine, but he wasn’t at his best night. I think the loss probably did him a favour, to be honest with you. It’s given him a determination that I probably haven’t seen since the Ryan Rhodes fight.
“I think now that he’s got his mojo back, he can blast his way through a lot of the top fighters in the division. I think the American boxing fans are going to love him.”
Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.