TwitterFacebook

Nathan Weise has big plans for 2017

Press Release

The article that you're about to read is an official announcement issued to Ring News 24 to publish as a press release.

KO Boxing Forum

Welterweight talent Nathan Weise (11-5-2) has big plans for next year with his sights set firmly on the Southern Area welterweight title.

Despite his efforts, Weise could not get onto a show this side of Christmas. Instead, the 32-year-old from Thamesmead will be honing his skills in the gym preparing for a big 2017 campaign.

“I’m not fighting this year now so I’ll be back out next February in a six-rounder,” he said. “Then, I’ll be fighting for a Challenge belt in March / April time, then going for a big title in May.

See Also

“All of those fights will most likely be staged at the York Hall in Bethnal Green.”

The 147-pounder has his sights set on the prestigious Southern Area belt – the oldest title in British boxing history.

“This time next year, I want to be a Southern Area champion knocking on the door of an English title fight – that’s only three or four fights away,” he confirmed.

“I’m not rushing into any fights, I’d rather get good sparring in and learn from that.

“I’m training three times a day and feel stronger mentally and physically than ever before and I can’t wait for next year! I’m gonna’ surprise myself and a lot of people!”

The South Londoner was due to fight last on October 15th but a hand injury sustained during a sparring session forced him to withdraw.

A former England amateur, Weise has twice challenged for the Southern Area super-welterweight title and, most recently, the welterweight version against the current English champ Johnny Garton.

“I’ve come up short in all three Southern Area title fights and I believe it’s because of a lack of experience.

“I look back now and realise that you need to prepare for 10 weeks for those 10-rounds. I took Southern Area title fights at just four week’s notice before and it’s taken me three mistakes to finally learn from that.”

The Thamesmead puncher trains at The Lansbury ABC in Poplar under the tutelage of top trainer Alec Wilkey, alongside unbeaten Prizefighter winner Johnny Coyle.

“Since I’ve joined Alec, he’s said to take our time and start again. I’ve still not been past six-rounds, so I’ll do a six-rounder next, then move up to eight rounds for a Challenge belt.”

For tickets to the next fight contact 07904 302 398

To follow Nathan Weise on Twitter click here @nathansugarboy

Nathan Weise would like to thank his sponsors Thomas Welch & Sons and PR Manager Tim Rickson

Read more articles about:

FITE – BOXING TV FIXTURES

TOP STORIES

What can Deontay Wilder do differently in third fight with…

What can Deontay Wilder do differently in third fight with Tyson Fury?

It’s been a crazy year for everyone and that includes promoters in the sport of boxing. Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn is undoubtedly one of the most outspoken figures in all of boxing and for good reason. So it hasn’t been surprising to see He…

Keith Thurman admits he suffered depression following Manny Pacquiao loss

Keith Thurman admits he suffered depression following Manny Pacquiao loss

Former WBA welterweight champion Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman 29-1 (22) has reflected on his first professional loss to Manny Pacquiao 61-7-2 (39), revealing he suffered depression and blew up in weight following the fight. In July last year Thurman f…

Kell Brook tipped to take on Terence Crawford on November…

Kell Brook tipped to take on Terence Crawford on November 14

Former IBF welterweight champion Kell ‘Special K’ Brook 39-2 (27) looks to be in the box seat to challenge WBO 147-pound champion Terence ‘Bud’ Crawford 36-0 (27) in November. The 34-year-old from Sheffield, Yorkshire lost his IBF strap to Errol S…

Jaron 'Boots' Ennis gunning for his 16th straight knockout on…

Jaron 'Boots' Ennis gunning for his 16th straight knockout on Saturday night

Fast-rising welterweight contender Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis 25-0 (23) won’t se satisfied with anything less than a knockout when he faces Juan Carlos Abreu 23-5-1 (21) in a scheduled 10-round bout at the Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville Connecticut on Sat…

Tugstsogt Nyambayar promises knockout, Cobia Breedy says that won't be…

Tugstsogt Nyambayar promises knockout, Cobia Breedy says that won't be happening

Featherweight contender Tugstsogt ‘King Tug’ Nyambayar 11-1 (9) has vowed not no make the same mistakes against Cobia ‘Soldier’ Breedy 15-0 (5) as he did against WBC 126-pound champion Gary Russell Jr 31-1 (18). The 28-year-old Mongolian, who figh…

Terrell Gausha ready to claim world title shot with victory…

Terrell Gausha ready to claim world title shot with victory over Erickson Lubin

Junior middleweight Terrell Gausha 21-1-1 (10) says he is in the best shape of his life ahead of his WBC world title eliminator against Erickson ‘The Hammer’ Lubin 22-1 (16) at the Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, Connecticut on Saturday night. T…

Welcome

Welcome to Ringnews24; read the latest boxing news from around the world.

The site is run by boxing fans James Tonks and Lee Daley.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free toEmail Us

Write for Ringnews24

KO BOXING FORUM

CONNECT WITH US