TwitterFacebook

Michael Devine can’t wait to show fans what he’s learned from Don Charles

Press Release

The article that you're about to read is an official announcement issued to Ring News 24 to publish as a press release.

KO Boxing Forum

Southern Area Champion Michael Devine says he can’t wait to show fans what he has been learning from Don Charles when he returns to action on the undercard of George Groves v Jamie Cox.

The 28-year-old took a prolonged break from the ring in March stating he was retiring due to the financial implications of boxing and raising a young family.

The hard-hitting lightweight then recieved a welcome phone call from millionaire and reality TV star Marco Robinson who – despite being on holiday – made an effort to convince ‘Chunky’ to return to the sport.

See Also

Since then, the Luton-based fighter has signed with Steve Goodwin as his manager and is trained by Don Charles.

And Devine is thankful for them both for providing him with an opportunity like fighting on the World Box Super Series bill in London.

“I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to fight on the big stage again but this trumps anything I would have imagined.

“It’s going to be amazing to be fighting at Wembley, on the undercard of George Groves – a world class fighter.

“Since I have been working with Don Charles I feel like I have been learning so much. everyday I feel myself getting stronger.

“I have sold a few tickets already and I’m looking forward to putting on a show for everyone.You spend your youth boxing looking forwards to nights like this.

“I can’t wait to get out there and be back to my best. I ant to thank my manager Steve Goodwin for the chance to fight on the show and of course Marco Robinson my sponsor for believing in me.”

Read more articles about: , , ,
red-speech-300×267

Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.

FITE – BOXING TV FIXTURES

TOP STORIES

Vergil Ortiz Jr wants Terence Crawford, Errol Spence Jr, says…

Vergil Ortiz Jr wants Terence Crawford, Errol Spence Jr, says Manny Pacquiao fight unlikely to happen

Fast-rising welterweight knockout artist Vergil Ortiz Jr 15-0 (15) is ready to test his mettle against any of the top 147-pounders after his fight against seasoned campaigner Samuel Vargas 31-5-2 (14) later this month. The destructive 22-year-old …

Callum Smith and John Ryder on the shortlist to face…

Callum Smith and John Ryder on the shortlist to face Canelo Alvarez in September

World middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez 53-1-2 (36) could face either Callum Smith 27-0 (19) or John Ryder 28-5 (16) in his next fight, according to Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez. WBA super middleweight champion Smith succes…

Devin Haney claims Vasiliy Lomachenko ducked him, calls out the…

Devin Haney claims Vasiliy Lomachenko ducked him, calls out the big names

WBC lightweight champion Devin ‘The Dream’ Haney 24-0 (15) has put the big names on notice as he awaits news of his next assignment. The 21-year-old from San Francisco who fights out of Las Vegas paid respect to unified lightweight champion Vasili…

Andy Ruiz Jr and Chris Arreola in deep discussions for…

Andy Ruiz Jr and Chris Arreola in deep discussions for all-action heavyweight scrap

Former unified heavyweight champion Andy ‘The Destroyer’ Ruiz Jr 33-2 (22) is in negotiations to face former three-time world title challenger Chris ‘The Nightmare’ Arreola 38-6-1 (33). The 30-year-old Mexican-American is on the comeback trail aft…

Carlos Takam outpoints Jerry Forrest, wants Tyson Fury, Oscar Rivas

Carlos Takam outpoints Jerry Forrest, wants Tyson Fury, Oscar Rivas

Heavyweight Carlos Takam 39-5-1 (28) overcame a less than perfect preparation to outpoint Jerry ‘Slugger’ Forrest 26-4 (20) at ‘The Bubble’ at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada on Thursday night. The 39-year-old stepped in as a late replacement a…

Carlos Castro calls for world title shot following dominant win…

Carlos Castro calls for world title shot following dominant win over Cesar Juarez

Super bantamweight contender Carlos Castro 26-0 (11) has called for a world title shot following his dominant fourth-round knockout of former world title challenger Cesar Juarez 25-9 (19) at ‘The Bubble’ at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada on Thurs…

Welcome

Welcome to Ringnews24; read the latest boxing news from around the world.

The site is run by boxing fans James Tonks and Lee Daley.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free toEmail Us

Write for Ringnews24

KO BOXING FORUM

CONNECT WITH US