TwitterFacebook

Seniesa Estrada next fight: women’s boxing in the current era of pugilism

Press Release

The article that you're about to read is an official announcement issued to Ring News 24 to publish as a press release.

KO Boxing Forum

Building on the momentum of women’s boxing in the current era of pugilism, the exciting Seniesa “Super Bad” Estrada (11-0, 2 KOs) will headline the highly anticipated March 16 return of LA FIGHT CLUB in an eight-round flyweight fight against Sonia Osorio (8-5-1, 1 KO) at the Belasco Theater in Downtown Los Angeles, Calif. and televised live on EstrellaTV’s Boxeo Estelar.

Estrada is a flyweight prospect who signed with Golden Boy Promotions in January of this year. The native of East Los Angeles, Calif. earned multiple titles as an amateur boxer before turning professional in 2011. Since then, the 24-year-old has developed into one of the biggest names in women’s boxing, fighting on important cards in the Los Angeles area, including an edition of LA FIGHT CLUB in 2016.

“I am very excited and ready to make my Golden Boy Promotions debut in my hometown,” said Estrada. “I’ve been working harder than ever to put on a great performance for my fans and for those who have not seen me fight. I hope to entertain and gain many more fans throughout my career with Golden Boy Promotions, and I can’t wait to kick off 2018 with a great victory.”

See Also

Osorio, a student of the Mexican school of boxing, has only been in tough fights in her career. The 25-year-old is coming off a unanimous decision victory win longtime veteran Noemi Bosques, and she is fearless in her attempt to ruin Estrada’s coming out party in her own territory.

“I’m excited to headline this fight against Seniesa Estrada,” said Osorio. “More than anything else, I’m excited to fight in California for the first time. I know that Estrada is an important name in women’s boxing in the United States, but I’ll demonstrate that Mexican fighters are not scared of fighting outside their home country and on enemy turf.”

Oscar Duarte (12-0-1, 8 KOs), the lightweight prospect of Parral, Mexico, will return in the co-main event in a six-round fight. Duarte will return after a spectacular fourth-round stoppage victory against Juan Jose Montes in October of last year.

Jousce “Tito” Gonzalez (6-0, 6 KOs) will open the Boxeo Estelar telecast in a six-round fight in the 130-pound division. Gonzalez is a hard-hitting puncher who will look to retain his 100% knockout ratio in his first fight as an official member of the Golden Boy Promotions stable.

Super Lightweight contender Antonio “Relentless” Orozco (26-0, 17 KOs) of San Diego, Calif. will make his highly anticipated return in an eight-round super lightweight fight. Newly-signed prospect Blair Cobbs (7-0, 5 KOs) of Las Vegas, Nevada will open the night of action in a six-round bout in the welterweight division.

Opponents for this exciting card will be announced shortly.

Estrada vs. Osorio is an eight-round flyweight fight presented by Golden Boy Promotions. The event is sponsored by Tecate “THE OFFICIAL BEER OF BOXING” and Casa Mexico Tequila. The Boxeo Estelar broadcast will air live on EstrellaTV at 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT. The card will also stream live on EstrellaTV.com and on YouTube via LBI Media, Inc.’s Fenomeno Studios. Mark your calendars and buy your tickets for the upcoming shows on April 6, June 1, July 6, Aug. 10, and Oct. 12.

Read more articles about:
red-speech-300×267

Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.

FITE – BOXING TV FIXTURES

TOP STORIES

Dmitry Bivol calls out Canelo Alvarez at super middleweight

Dmitry Bivol calls out Canelo Alvarez at super middleweight

WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol 17-0 (11) says he is prepared to move down a weight class for the opportunity to face Mexican superstar Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez 53-1-2 (36). The undefeated 29-year-old Russian won the WBA strap in 2017 and…

Jeff Horn reveals coronavirus may cut short his career

Jeff Horn reveals coronavirus may cut short his career

Jeff Horn has admitted the global coronavirus pandemic may cut short his career but says the future of Australian boxing is bright. The 32-year-old former WBO welterweight champion was scheduled to face rising star Tim Tszyu in Townsville on April…

Shakur Stevenson insists he’s no Floyd Mayweather

Shakur Stevenson insists he’s no Floyd Mayweather

WBO featherweight champion Shakur Stevenson 13-0 (7) has denied he is the next Floyd Mayweather, insisting he is his own fighter. His comments come after promoter Bob Arum labelled him the heir apparent to the retired former pound-for-pound king. …

Anthony Joshua labelled "crazy", Kubrat Pulev to donate half his…

Anthony Joshua labelled

Unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua says he was called “crazy” for seeking an immediate rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr following his disastrous American debut. Joshua suffered a shock defeat to the Mexican-American at New York’s Madison Square …

Deontay Wilder can easily beat Tyson Fury, according to George…

Deontay Wilder can easily beat Tyson Fury, according to George Foreman

Heavyweight great George Foreman believes Deontay Wilder can beat Tyson Fury “easily” in their third fight later this year. Wilder was on the wrong end of a seven-round beatdown in February when Fury dropped him twice before the previously undefea…

Dillian Whyte's world title shot against Tyson Fury should not…

Dillian Whyte's world title shot against Tyson Fury should not be delayed

Dillian Whyte’s mandatory title shot at the WBC heavyweight championship should not be delayed beyond February 2021, according to his promoter Eddie Hearn. Longtime WBC number one contender Whyte has been guaranteed a shot at the green belt curren…

Welcome

Welcome to Ringnews24; read the latest boxing news from around the world.

The site is run by boxing fans James Tonks and Lee Daley.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free toEmail Us

Write for Ringnews24

KO BOXING FORUM

CONNECT WITH US