TwitterFacebook

Deontay Wilder offered $12.5m “take-it-or-leave-it” deal

Anthony Cocks

Australian-based boxing journalist Anthony Cocks has been covering the sport for over 15 years for various print and online publications. He refuses to believe that Roberto Duran ever lost to Tommy Hearns and says that Jeff Fenech would destroy Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali on the same night.

Follow Anthony Cocks on: Twitter | Facebook
KO Boxing Forum

American WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder 40-0 (39) has been offered a flat-fee of $USD12.5 million to face England’s WBC, IBF and WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua in a unification bout with Wilder expected to give his answer within the next 48 hours.

According to the UK’s Daily Telegraph, Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn has sent the offer to Wilder’s team but it does not state where the fight will be held, when it will be held or if it will be Joshua’s next bout.

The offer in understood to contain a rematch clause, with the second fight to take place in the United States.

See Also

Wilder’s co-manager Shelley Finkel told the Telegraph: “It was a take-it-or-leave-it offer. We will respond appropriately in the next day or so with our counter offer.

“If Joshua is serious, we will take the fight. Deontay wants this fight. He doesn’t want anyone else.”

While Wilder is being offered a flat-fee for the fight, Joshua’s last opponent Joseph Parker was able to secure a percentage deal that saw him entitled to 33% of the fight revenues. Some estimates had the New Zealander earning $USD18 million for his 12-round losing effort at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on March 31.

Wilder’s camp have previously stated they are looking for a 60-40 split in favour of the Briton for the fight to happen in the United Kingdom.

The 32-year-old American is coming off a career best performance against Luis Ortiz, who he stopped in 10 rounds at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on March 3.

red-speech-300×267

Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.

FITE – BOXING TV FIXTURES

TOP STORIES

Tim Tszyu rejects proposal to fight Jeff Horn behind closed…

Tim Tszyu rejects proposal to fight Jeff Horn behind closed doors

Rising junior middleweight contender Tim Tszyu 15-0 (11) says he doesn’t want to fight Jeff Horn 20-2-1 (13) in front of an empty stadium. The pair were due to clash at Queensland Country Bank Stadium in Townsville, Australia on April 22 but the f…

Anthony Joshua "extremely interested" in facing Tyson Fury next

Anthony Joshua

Matchroom Boxing boss Eddie Hearn says Anthony Joshua would be “extremely interested” in fight Tyson Fury next if a step aside deal can be reached with Deontay Wilder. Fury claimed the WBC heavyweight championship with a dominant seventh-round kno…

Amir Khan considering retirement while in coronavirus lockdown

Amir Khan considering retirement while in coronavirus lockdown

Amir Khan 34-5 (21) is considering calling time on his glittering career. The former unified junior welterweight champion turned pro 15 years ago after winning Olympic silver in London. Khan has been contemplating his future as he sits at home …

Josh Taylor ponders his future after Glasgow homecoming cancelled

Josh Taylor ponders his future after Glasgow homecoming cancelled

Scottish world champion Josh Taylor 16-0 (12) fears his career might be sidelined for the rest of 2020 due to the global coronavirus pandemic. The 29-year-old added the WBA junior welterweight title to his IBF belt with a hard-fought points win ov…

Andre Ward breaks down Artur Beterbiev-Dmitry Bivol fight

Andre Ward breaks down Artur Beterbiev-Dmitry Bivol fight

Former pound-for-pound number one Andre Ward has broken down a potential matchup between WBC and IBF light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev 15-0 (15) and his WBA counterpart Dmitry Bivol 17-0 (11). Ward, who retired undefeated in 2017 with a r…

Josh Warrington looking to emulate his heroes, planning US invasion

Josh Warrington looking to emulate his heroes, planning US invasion

IBF featherweight champion Josh Warrington 30-0 (7) is looking to emulate the achievements of his heroes Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe, Lennox Lewis and Prince Naseem Hamed. The 29-year-old ‘Leeds Warrior’ was scheduled to face China’s WBA 126-pound …

Welcome

Welcome to Ringnews24; read the latest boxing news from around the world.

The site is run by boxing fans James Tonks and Lee Daley.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free toEmail Us

Write for Ringnews24

KO BOXING FORUM

CONNECT WITH US