Leading heavyweight contender Dillian ‘The Body Snatcher’ Whyte 25-1 (18) believes that unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua 22-0 (21) could be in for a shock loss when he takes on undefeated American Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller 23-0-1 (20) at Madison Square Garden in New York City on June 1.
The WBC and WBO number one contender has long been chasing a shot at the WBA, IBF and WBO champion after Joshua stopped him in seven rounds three years ago.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if he does beat Joshua,” Whyte told Sky Sports. “Joshua has got very gun-shy, and if Miller can absorb his punishment early, and bring it to him late in the fight, then I wouldn’t be surprised if Miller does beat him.
“I wouldn’t be shocked. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Miller beat him.”
Whyte, 30, was in the frame to face Joshua at Wembley Stadium in London on April 13 but rejected the offer from his promoter Eddie Hearn.
“If AJ loses, I’ll still fight him, because it’s personal with me and him. It’s not about the titles. If he loses his next 10 fights, I’ll still fight him. I just won’t be taken for a mug, that’s all,” he said.
Whyte enjoyed a stellar 2018, posting wins over antipodeans Lucas Browne 27-1 (24) and Joseph Parker 25-2 (19) before knocking out local rival Dereck Chisora 29-9 (21) in the 11th round of their December rematch.
Joshua, 29, was last in action in September when he overcame a slow start to defeat perennial contender Alexander Povetkin 34-2 (24) by seventh round stoppage.
The 30-year-old Miller was last in action in November when he knocked out previously undefeated Romanian Bogdan Dinu 18-1 (14).
Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.