TwitterFacebook

Ryan Garcia quashes beef with Golden Boy, signs lucrative contract extension

Anthony Cocks

Australian-based boxing journalist Anthony Cocks has been covering the sport for over 15 years for various print and online publications. He refuses to believe that Roberto Duran ever lost to Tommy Hearns and says that Jeff Fenech would destroy Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali on the same night.

Follow Anthony Cocks on: Twitter | Facebook
KO Boxing Forum

The long-running beef between Golden Boy Promotions and Ryan ‘Kingry’ Garcia 18-0 (15) appears to have quashed with the news that the exciting lightweight prospect has extended his multi-year agreement with the company.

Garcia has becoming increasingly frustrated with the management of his career recently, frequently taking to social media to voice his concerns.

Earlier this week the 21-year-old took to Twitter to call for promoter Oscar De La Hoya to release him from his contract.

See Also

“Oscar if you don’t believe in my talents then you can release me elsewhere. Point blank period! If you do then come talk to me. Please no more press and public bashing,” Garcia tweeted.

On Wednesday Garcia tweeted: “Just signed one of the most lucrative boxing deals for a prospect in the History of the sport”.

In a statement De La Hoya said: “One of our defining features as a company is to develop champions and make them into stars.

“From the second we discovered Garcia, we knew he was different. We knew he was special. We knew he could move the needle.

“Besides his amazing talent, he brings an outside appeal that few fighters can achieve. At the same time, he also needs the right environment to develop, and that environment is with us.

“Under our guidance, I have no doubt that this young, charismatic fighter will become the biggest star in the sport.”

Garcia was scheduled to face Avery Sparrow on September 14 but that fight was scrapped when Sparrow was arrested at the weigh-in on an outstanding warrant.

According to Garcia, he attempted to make an 11th hour deal with power-puncher Romero Duno 21-1 (16) who was set to face Ivan Delgado on the undercard but an agreement couldn’t be reached. Duno went on to stop Delgado in seven while Garcia didn’t fight.

Garcia will return to the ring against Duno in the semi-main event on the Canelo Alvarez vs Sergey Kovalev undercard at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada on November 2.

“Actions speak louder than words. I’m here today to show everybody that I consider Golden Boy my family and that we’re going to be in this together as I fulfill my dreams,” Garcia said.

“Just like I have all the capabilities to become a big star, Golden Boy has all the tools to get me there. But I just want to tell all of our fans: Enjoy the ride!”

Read more articles about: ,

red-speech-300×267

Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.

 

Welcome

Welcome to Ringnews24; read the latest boxing news from around the world.

The site is run by boxing fans James Tonks and Lee Daley.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free toEmail Us

Write for Ringnews24

KO BOXING FORUM

CONNECT WITH US