TwitterFacebook

Amron Sands improved improves to 11-0

Press Release

The article that you're about to read is an official announcement issued to Ring News 24 to publish as a press release.

KO Boxing Forum

Heavyweight prospect Amron “The Sandman” Sands improved to 11-0 (9 KOs) with a victory against Cristian Galvez last night at Club Deportivo Calero in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

The six-foot-six Sands, born in Nassau, Bahamas, now based in Orlando, FL, came out aggressively, dropping Galvez in the opening round with a left hook. However, he hurt his left thumb while blocking a punch later in the frame and had to switch tactics. Promoted by DiBella Entertainment and managed by Kevin Dever Sports Management, Sands pumped his jab to outbox Galvez and punished him to the body whenever his foe moved in too close. Going the eight-round distance for the first time, Sands won a unanimous decision. Galvez, of Maimon, Dominican Republic, is now 17-6 (15 KOs).

Before turning pro on August 5, 2017, Sands accumulated a 40-3 record as an amateur. After earning silver at the 2014 Independent Cup in the Dominican Republic, Sands moved to Florida and started training out of Orlando Boxing Academy with head coach Buck Mitchell. He also won first place at the 2015 Florida State PAL Boxing Championships and 2016 Sugar Bert Promotions Title Belt National Qualifier.

See Also
Read more articles about:
red-speech-300×267

Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.

FITE – BOXING TV FIXTURES

TOP STORIES

Dmitry Bivol calls out Canelo Alvarez at super middleweight

Dmitry Bivol calls out Canelo Alvarez at super middleweight

WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol 17-0 (11) says he is prepared to move down a weight class for the opportunity to face Mexican superstar Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez 53-1-2 (36). The undefeated 29-year-old Russian won the WBA strap in 2017 and…

Jeff Horn reveals coronavirus may cut short his career

Jeff Horn reveals coronavirus may cut short his career

Jeff Horn has admitted the global coronavirus pandemic may cut short his career but says the future of Australian boxing is bright. The 32-year-old former WBO welterweight champion was scheduled to face rising star Tim Tszyu in Townsville on April…

Shakur Stevenson insists he’s no Floyd Mayweather

Shakur Stevenson insists he’s no Floyd Mayweather

WBO featherweight champion Shakur Stevenson 13-0 (7) has denied he is the next Floyd Mayweather, insisting he is his own fighter. His comments come after promoter Bob Arum labelled him the heir apparent to the retired former pound-for-pound king. …

Anthony Joshua labelled "crazy", Kubrat Pulev to donate half his…

Anthony Joshua labelled

Unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua says he was called “crazy” for seeking an immediate rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr following his disastrous American debut. Joshua suffered a shock defeat to the Mexican-American at New York’s Madison Square …

Deontay Wilder can easily beat Tyson Fury, according to George…

Deontay Wilder can easily beat Tyson Fury, according to George Foreman

Heavyweight great George Foreman believes Deontay Wilder can beat Tyson Fury “easily” in their third fight later this year. Wilder was on the wrong end of a seven-round beatdown in February when Fury dropped him twice before the previously undefea…

Dillian Whyte's world title shot against Tyson Fury should not…

Dillian Whyte's world title shot against Tyson Fury should not be delayed

Dillian Whyte’s mandatory title shot at the WBC heavyweight championship should not be delayed beyond February 2021, according to his promoter Eddie Hearn. Longtime WBC number one contender Whyte has been guaranteed a shot at the green belt curren…

Welcome

Welcome to Ringnews24; read the latest boxing news from around the world.

The site is run by boxing fans James Tonks and Lee Daley.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free toEmail Us

Write for Ringnews24

KO BOXING FORUM

CONNECT WITH US