TwitterFacebook

Azat “Crazy A” Hovhannisyan (18-3, 15 KOs) has extended his promotional agreement with Golden Boy

Press Release

The article that you're about to read is an official announcement issued to Ring News 24 to publish as a press release.

KO Boxing Forum

Explosive Armenian contender Azat “Crazy A” Hovhannisyan (18-3, 15 KOs) has extended his promotional agreement with Golden Boy ahead of his 12-round fight against Jose Sanmartin (30-5-1, 20 KOs) of Barranquilla, Colombia for the vacant WBA Interim Super Bantamweight World Championship. The fight will take place on the stacked undercard of Ortiz Jr. vs. Vargas on Saturday, March 28 at the “Fabulous” Forum in Inglewood, California and will be streamed live exclusively on DAZN.

Hovhannisyan is a 31-year-old slugger who is considered as one of the most exciting contenders in the 122-pound division. After victories against the likes of Ronny Rios and Sergio “El Frio Finito” Frias, the native of Yerevan, Armenia earned is first world title opportunity against Rey Vargas in May 2018. Hovhannisyan delivered an impressive performance, though he was unsuccessful. He is now coming of four knockout victories in a row, the last of which was against Franklin Manzanilla for the chance to fight for the WBA Interim Super Bantamweight Championship.

“Ever since signing with Golden Boy, my career has been taken to another level,” said Azat Hovhannisyan. “I got many great opportunities, including a fight against Ronny Rios and a world title challenge against Rey Vargas. Now that I’m fighting for an interim title on March 28, I’m happy to sign with Golden Boy again so we can score a great win and then look for even bigger fights!”

See Also

“Azat Hovhannisyan’s career is a perfect example of the outstanding way that we develop our talent,” said Oscar De La Hoya, Chairman and CEO of Golden Boy. “Make no mistake, Hovhannisyan had a tough start to his career, despite being very talented. But, working together with his excellent team, we were able to hone his brutal instinct in such a way that would maximize his potential and make him into of the most dangerous contenders in the super bantamweight division. I’m positive that he will become a world champion.”

As previously announced, the March 28 event will feature a stacked card of action, headlined by the 12-round fight between WBA Gold Welterweight Champion Vergil Ortiz Jr. (15-0, 15 KOs) of Grand Prairie, Texas and Samuel Vargas (31-5-2, 14 KOs) of Bogota, Colombia.

In the co-main event, Pablo Cesar “El Demoledor” Cano (33-7-1, 23 KOs) will put his WBC International Silver Super Lightweight Title on the line against Michael “The Artist” Perez (25-3-2, 11 KOs) of Newark, New Jersey in a 12-round fight.

Right before Hovhannisyan vs. Sanmartin, welterweight contender Rashidi “Speedy” Ellis (22-0, 14 KOs) of Lynn, Massachusetts will defend his WBA Continental Americas Welterweight Title against Sergio Ortega (21-2, 15 KOs) of Mexicali, Mexico in a 10-rounder.

Seniesa “Superbad” Estrada (18-0, 7 KOs) of East Los Angeles, California will defend her WBC Silver Light Flyweight Title against Jacky Calvo (12-5-2, 1 KO) of Mexico City, Mexico.

Christopher Pearson (17-2, 12 KOs) of Tortwood, Ohio will participate in a 10-round middleweight bout against Gift Chiori (14-0, 11 KOs) of Riverdale, Georgia.

Raul “Cougar” Curiel (8-0, 6 KOs) of Tampico, Mexico will return in a 10-round welterweight clash.

Irish prospect Aaron “Silencer” McKenna (10-0, 6 KOs) will return in an eight-round super welterweight clash against Christopher Degollado (13-6, 10 KOs) of Monterrey, Mexico.

Chris “Milly” Ousley (12-0, 9 KOs) of Chicago, Illinois will participate in an eight-round middleweight battle against Jarvis Williams (8-2-1, 5 KOs) of St. Louis, Missouri.

Recently signed prospect Dalis Kaleiopu of Waianae, Hawaii will make his professional debut in a four-round super lightweight fight.

Opponents for Curiel and Kaleiopu will be announced shortly.

Ortiz Jr. vs. Vargas is a 12-round fight for the WBA Gold Welterweight Title presented by Golden Boy. The event is sponsored by Hennessy “Never Stop. Never Settle.” The event will take place Saturday, March 28 at the “Fabulous” Forum in Inglewood, California and will be streamed live exclusively on DAZN.

Tickets for Ortiz Jr. vs. Vargas are on sale and are priced at $10, $25, $50 and $100. Prices do not include applicable facility fees and service charges. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets will also be available for purchase at www.fabulousforum.com or www.ticketmaster.com.

For more information, visit www.goldenboypromotions.com and DAZN.com. Follow on Twitter @GoldenBoyBoxing and @DAZN_USA. Become a fan on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GoldenBoyBoxing/ and
https://www.facebook.com/DAZNUSA/. Follow on Instagram @GoldenBoy and @DAZN_USA. Follow the conversation using #OrtizJrVargas.

Read more articles about:
red-speech-300×267

Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.

FITE – BOXING TV FIXTURES

TOP STORIES

Former world champion Ricky Burns vows to fight on

Former world champion Ricky Burns vows to fight on

Former three-weight world champion Ricky Burns 43-8-1 (16) wants to end his career on his own terms with a final fight in Glasgow, Scotland – when the time is right. The 37-year-old from Coatbridge, who has held the WBO and WBA lightweight titles …

Mike Tyson expresses regret for biting off Evander Holyfield's ear

Mike Tyson expresses regret for biting off Evander Holyfield's ear

Mike Tyson has reflected on being the most hated man in boxing following his infamous ‘bite fight’ against Evander Holyfield in 1997. Tyson, 53, became the youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history when he knocked out Trevor Berbick in two r…

Dereck Chisora planning MMA bout ahead of Oleksandr Usyk fight

Dereck Chisora planning MMA bout ahead of Oleksandr Usyk fight

British heavyweight Dereck Chisora 32-9 (23) has revealed he wants to compete in a mixed martial arts bout while he waits for his fight against Oleksandr Usyk 17-0 (13) to be rescheduled. Chisora was scheduled to face the former undisputed cruiser…

Wayne McCullough says he won't be making any major changes…

Wayne McCullough says he won't be making any major changes to Dennis Hogan's fighting style

Former world champion Wayne McCullough is excited about the opportunity to train fellow Irishman junior middleweight contender Dennis ‘Hurricane’ Hogan 28-3-1 (7). “I am thinking is this real because I have reached out to so many Irish fighters in…

Anthony Joshua could face Kubrat Pulev in front of a…

Anthony Joshua could face Kubrat Pulev in front of a small crowd in the UK

Unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua 23-1 (21) will make his mandatory title defence against Kubrat Pulev 28-1 (14) in front of a small crowd in the UK, predicted promoter Eddie Hearn. Before the global coronavirus pandemic shutdown boxing,…

Roy Jones Jr challenges anyone over 50

Roy Jones Jr challenges anyone over 50

Former four-weight world champion Roy Jones Jr has revealed he prepared to fight anyone over the age of 50. His comments come after the 53-year-old Mike Tyson announced his plan to fight an exhibition bout for charity and Evander Holyfield, 57, fo…

Welcome

Welcome to Ringnews24; read the latest boxing news from around the world.

The site is run by boxing fans James Tonks and Lee Daley.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free toEmail Us

Write for Ringnews24

KO BOXING FORUM

CONNECT WITH US