TwitterFacebook

Cletus Seldin gets new opponent for February Fight

Press Release

The article that you're about to read is an official announcement issued to Ring News 24 to publish as a press release.

KO Boxing Forum

CLETUS “THE HEBREW HAMMER” SELDIN (Shirley, Long Island 24-1 20KO’S) is set to defend his NABA Super Lightweight Title against thunderous Colombian slugger, LUIS FLOREZ (Puerto Libertador, Colombia 25-15 21KO’s), this Friday (2/28) night at The Paramount, after former opponent, Humberto Martinez pulled out for medical reasons.

Florez, who has 21 KO’s in his 25 wins, will take on Long Island’s premier knockout artist, Cletus Seldin, who has 20 KO’s in 24 wins. Both fighters are known for their punching power and devasting knockouts. Florez has the distinction of being the only man to defeat multi-time world champion, and current WBC World Champion, MIGUEL BERCHELT’s (37-1, 33KO’s), beating Berchelt via a huge first-round knockout upset. Florez also has other impressive opponents of top talent that includes bouts against world class level fighters, REGIS PROGRAIS (then 17-0 15KO’s) and JAMEL HERRING (then 14-0 8KO’s). Florez has also challenged for the WBA Fedebol title and the NABF Super Lightweight Title.
The late scratch has not phased Seldin, “I have been training hard, and whoever they put in front of me, the game plan remains the same – defend my NABA title and bring the hammer for my hometown fans.”

Seldin-Florez tops a fantastic Rockin’ Fights 38 card, that also features world rated heavyweight CARLOS TAKAM (37-5-1 28KO’s) against tough Brazilian FABIO MALDONADO (26-3 25KO’s) in the co-main event.

See Also

The stacked undercard features, undefeated rising stars in Dominican, WBC FECARBOX Bantamweight Champion, JUNIOR ALMONTE (13-0 9KO’s), Long Island’s WENDY “HAITIAN FIRE” TOUSSAINT (10-0 4KO) making his 2020 debut, ALEX “EL TORO” VARGAS (5-0 1KO) in a step up fight against veteran Antonio Sanchez. The action continues through the opening bouts of the evening including a pick em’ pro debut fight between PRINCE SLAUGHTER against decorated amateur AHMET “THE TURKISH WOLF” TUNCEL, the pro debut of Local 3 electrician BARKIM LOGAN, and kicking off the action, the first Lebanese professional fighter looking to remain undefeated, NADIM SALLOUM (3-0 2KO).

Read more articles about:
red-speech-300×267

Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.

FITE – BOXING TV FIXTURES

TOP STORIES

Jeff Horn reveals coronavirus may cut short his career

Jeff Horn reveals coronavirus may cut short his career

Jeff Horn has admitted the global coronavirus pandemic may cut short his career but says the future of Australian boxing is bright. The 32-year-old former WBO welterweight champion was scheduled to face rising star Tim Tszyu in Townsville on April…

Shakur Stevenson insists he’s no Floyd Mayweather

Shakur Stevenson insists he’s no Floyd Mayweather

WBO featherweight champion Shakur Stevenson 13-0 (7) has denied he is the next Floyd Mayweather, insisting he is his own fighter. His comments come after promoter Bob Arum labelled him the heir apparent to the retired former pound-for-pound king. …

Anthony Joshua labelled "crazy", Kubrat Pulev to donate half his…

Anthony Joshua labelled

Unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua says he was called “crazy” for seeking an immediate rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr following his disastrous American debut. Joshua suffered a shock defeat to the Mexican-American at New York’s Madison Square …

Deontay Wilder can easily beat Tyson Fury, according to George…

Deontay Wilder can easily beat Tyson Fury, according to George Foreman

Heavyweight great George Foreman believes Deontay Wilder can beat Tyson Fury “easily” in their third fight later this year. Wilder was on the wrong end of a seven-round beatdown in February when Fury dropped him twice before the previously undefea…

Dillian Whyte's world title shot against Tyson Fury should not…

Dillian Whyte's world title shot against Tyson Fury should not be delayed

Dillian Whyte’s mandatory title shot at the WBC heavyweight championship should not be delayed beyond February 2021, according to his promoter Eddie Hearn. Longtime WBC number one contender Whyte has been guaranteed a shot at the green belt curren…

Anthony Joshua-Kubrat Pulev postponed, AJ nominates hardest puncher he has…

Anthony Joshua-Kubrat Pulev postponed, AJ nominates hardest puncher he has faced

Anthony Joshua 23-1 (20) will no longer defend his unified heavyweight championship against mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev 28-1 (14) on June 20. The WBA, IBF and WBO champion was set to defend his belts against the 38-year-old Bulgarian at the …

Welcome

Welcome to Ringnews24; read the latest boxing news from around the world.

The site is run by boxing fans James Tonks and Lee Daley.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free toEmail Us

Write for Ringnews24

KO BOXING FORUM

CONNECT WITH US