TwitterFacebook

De Carolis confident of retaining World title against Zeuge

Press Release

The article that you're about to read is an official announcement issued to Ring News 24 to publish as a press release.

KO Boxing Forum

Giovanni De Carolis (24-6, 12 KOs) is confident of retaining his WBA World Super Middleweight title on Saturday night when he returns to Germany to face Tyron Zeuge (18-0, 10 KOs) at the Max-Schmeling-Halle in Berlin.

Having claimed the WBA strap with an eleventh-round TKO win over Vincent Feigenbutz at the Baden-Arena in January, the Italian fighter makes his first defence against another of Germany’s rising super middleweight stars, the undefeated 24 year-old Zeuge.

‘’Tyron Zeuge is a talented young fighter,’’ says De Carolis. ‘’He is fast, he has good footwork and is technically very skilled, but he has been protected so far in his career. He has fought some good opponents but most have been tailor made to suit his style. I believe this will be his first real test, and we will find out how good he really is.

See Also

‘’My experience will of course play an important part, but it is not everything. Take for example my physique; I am now much physically stronger and more robust than I was when I was as a 24 year old. If I was to fight myself from eight years ago today, I would win easily, and I believe that will be the case on Saturday night.’’

If successful, the 31 year-old reveals that he would be open to a rematch with former two-weight World Champion Arthur Abraham, who faces Scandinavian star Tim-Robin Lihaug on the undercard of his World title defence.

‘’I’m looking forward to fighting in Germany again,’’ he says. ‘’This is where I won my World title and where, three years ago, I fought Arthur Abraham. He is one of the best fighters of our generation, and although I lost that fight, I learnt a lot. It gave me the belief that I could compete at the highest level, and without this experience, I would not be a World Champion today.

‘’Of course, I would like a rematch with Abraham. He gave me the chance to measure myself against him and I would love to avenge my defeat, but for now, all my focus is on Zeuge and defending my title on Saturday night.’’

Tickets for the WBA World Super Middleweight Championship fight between Giovanni De Carolis and Tyron Zeuge are available online via www.tickethall.de and www.eventim.de or by calling +49 (0)1806-570044.

Read more articles about: ,
red-speech-300×267

Click Here, If you wish to add a COMMENT to the above article or any of the Ringnews24 boxing articles.

FITE – BOXING TV FIXTURES

TOP STORIES

Jorge Linares says Vasiliy Lomachenko is slipping, not the same…

Jorge Linares says Vasiliy Lomachenko is slipping, not the same fighter he was two years ago

Former three-division world champion Jorge Linares 47-5 (29) insists Vasiliy Lomachenko 14-1 (10) is not the same fighter he was when the pair met in the ring in May 2018. The fight for the 34-year-old Venezuelan’s WBA lightweight title was scored…

Maxi Hughes confident of springing the upset against Jono Carroll

Maxi Hughes confident of springing the upset against Jono Carroll

Maxi Hughes 20-5-2 (4) knows just how much is riding on the result of his showdown with former world title challenger Jono Carroll 18-1-1 (4) when the pair meet over 10-rounds at Production Park Studios in South Kirkby, UK on Wednesday night. The …

Jono Carroll promises another classic performance against Maxi Hughes on…

Jono Carroll promises another classic performance against Maxi Hughes on Wednesday

Super featherweight contender Jono ‘King Kong’ Carroll 18-1-1 (4) is looking forward to building on his momentum when he returns to the ring against Maxi Hughes 20-5-2 (4) over 10-rounds at Production Park Studios in South Kirkby, UK on Wednesday nig…

Billy Joe Saunders makes extraordinary offer to Canelo Alvarez

Billy Joe Saunders makes extraordinary offer to Canelo Alvarez

WBO super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders 29-0 (14) is so confident he can beat Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez 53-1-2 (36) that he is willing to forgo his purse if he loses. The 30-year-old southpaw was originally scheduled to face the Mexican sup…

Carl Froch says Mike Tyson will be "blowing out his…

Carl Froch says Mike Tyson will be

Carl Froch has questioned whether the eight-round exhibition bout between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr will end prematurely in a no-contest. Former undisputed heavyweight champion Tyson, 53, and former undisputed light heavyweight champion Jones Jr…

Jamal James outpoints Thomas Dulorme in fast-paced 12 rounder

Jamal James outpoints Thomas Dulorme in fast-paced 12 rounder

Jamal ‘Shango’ James 27-1 (12) claimed the interim WBA welterweight title with a 12-round unanimous decision victory over Thomas Dulorme 25-4-1 (16) at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Saturday night. Dulorme put the pressure on in the earl…

Welcome

Welcome to Ringnews24; read the latest boxing news from around the world.

The site is run by boxing fans James Tonks and Lee Daley.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free toEmail Us

Write for Ringnews24

KO BOXING FORUM

CONNECT WITH US